Para-Swimming Taster Session and Talent Identification
Posted on 10 Jan 2017 at 14:40 by Graham Stanley (Disability Swimming) (0 user comment)
The following Para-Swimming Taster and Talent Identification Sessions have been organised:
Friday 20th January 2017
Gosport Leisure Centre, Forest Way, Gosport PO13 0ZX from 6.60pm to 7.30pm.
For further details and Booking, please contact Dave White at Dave.email@example.com
Sunday 22nd January 2017
Waterlooville Swimming Pool, Waterbury Drive, Waterlooville PO7 7UW from 4pm to 5pm.
For further details, please contact Havant & Waterlooville SC at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Disability Competition
Posted on 12 Jul 2016 at 17:37 by Graham Stanley (Disability Swimming) (0 user comment)
This competition will be held on Saturday 24th September 2016 at High Wycombe (new Pool). Ut is open to all competitors who are classified or waiting to be classified.
Further details can be obtained from Sue Barker.
South East Regional Development Open Competition 2016
Posted on 18 Jan 2016 at 10:40 by Graham Stanley (Disability Swimming) (0 user comment)
Saturday 19th March 2016 at The Quays, Southampton.
15:00 Warm Up - 15:40 First Race
This competition is for any swimmer with a disability.
- The competition will be held under IPC Rules with EFSD exemptions.
- The event is open to any disability swimmer
- Swimmers must be 10yrs as at 31st December 2016.
- The One Start Rule will apply.
- The Entry Fee will be £5.00 per swim (Entries cannot be processed without correct entry fees).
- Closing date midnight on Friday 4th March 2016
- ENTRY FORMS are avaiulable from Sue Barker at email@example.com
ENTRIES TO BE SENT TO: Leslie Hibbert by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All hard copies with remittance/cheque to address below. Please make your cheque(s) payable to: DSSF or pay directly into the bank
- Santander. Sort Code 09 01 27 Account Number 24109987
- Sue Barker 61 Mandarin Way, Howe Road. Gosport Hants. PO13 8DP
- All Individual events will be swum in the following order, please also note that there are maximum entry times on 25-meters events. This means that NO entries will be accepted if the entry times are faster than those stated below.
- 100 Freestyle
- 25 Breaststroke - 30 secs for male ; 35 secs for female
- 100 Butterfly
- 100 Individual Medley
- 25 Backstroke - 30 secs for male ; 35 secs for female
- 50 Butterfly
- 400 Freestyle
- 50 Breaststroke
- 25 Butterfly - 30 secs for male ; 35 secs for female
- 50 Backstroke
- 200 Freestyle
- 25 Freestyle - 25 secs for male ; 30 secs for female
- 100 Breaststroke
- 100 Backstroke
- 200 Individual Medley
- 50 Freestyle
Event entries will be strictly Time Banded. – The success of the competition depends on accurate swim times being submitted.
- It will be swum with males and females swimming separately. Unless the lack of entries requires them to swim together.
- 400 Metres Freestyle and 200 Metre Individual Medley have now been included in the programme we need a minimum of four swimmers to run these events
- Swimmers must report to the Competitors Stewards (situated at the deep end of the pool) at least three (3) races before the start of their event. Swimmers will not be called or waited for if they are not present the event will run without them. If a swimmer misses his/her heat/event they will not be allowed to swim in another heat/event
- Swimmers must swim in the lane that has been allocated to them unless requested to change by the Referee.
- Any swimmer who requires the use of the hoist or is a medical alert and needs an outside lane please inform us on the entry form
- Team Managers and Individual Entries (swimmers); please register upon your arrival to the registration clerks in the foyer. REGISTRATION WILL BE FROM 14.15 – 14.45 A desk will be provided in the Foyer of The Quays. Swimmers who do not sign in on time may miss their event if heat sheets have been generated.
- Within the guidelines of the ASA Child Protection Policy and the Promoters Club Members Protection Policy, anyone wishing to use a Video Camera and or a Wide Lens and or a Zoom Lens Camera during any part of this event, including the Warm up period, must complete the Photography Registration Form upon your arrival. Failure to do this will lead to the Camera operator being asked to leave the event.
- Team Managers and Individual Entries (swimmers) will receive start sheets at the beginning of the session. Further programmes will be available at the door a fee for entry and programmes will be charged.
- All withdrawals must be reported to registration desk no later than 14.45
- Any withdrawals will NOT be refunded.
- The promoters have the right to refuse entries.
- The results will be placed on the DSE, SER and HCASA web site upon completion of the competition.
- Lifeguard cover throughout the competition.
- Pool hoist is available, if required (please inform on entry form).
- Team Managers Support Staff are reminded there is to be no coaching from the pool deck.
- Starting devices are to be checked before the start of the competition.
POOL AND POOLSIDE SAFETY
- FIRE EXITS are clearly marked. Everyone attending must ensure that they familiarise themselves with these exits in case of any emergency. A copy of the Pools NOP’s and EAP’s will be available upon request from the Leisure Centre Reception Desk.
- Team Managers/Individual swimmers shall satisfy themselves that their swimmers/individuals are competent to the standard of the ASA Competitive Start Award. Any swimmer who is not competent must start from the poolside or in the water. In the event of a false start swimmers must execute a shallow racing dive. They must not topple in headfirst as this is dangerous.
- Team Managers please ensure you have enough team support on the pool deck the swimmers are your responsibility.
The depth of the pool: Shallow end. 1.2m.
Deep end. 2m.
The width of the pool: 12.5m.
Length of Pool: 25m.
- NO DIVING FROM THE SHALLOW END OF THE POOL WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANYTIME.
- The use of the Diving Pit and Fun Pool before, during or after the competition is not permitted.
- Swimmers and spectators are reminded that property should not be left unattended at any time. DSE South East Region cannot accept liability for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Lockers are provided in the changing room please ensure you have change
- Any matter not covered above will be decided at the discretion of the DSE South East Region who also reserves the right to make any changes that may be considered necessary for the smooth running of the event.
- A fee will be charged for spectators
Should you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact the South East Region Team Manager Sue Barker on 07746 360839 or by e mail email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your entry(s)
This competition is for any disability swimmer
Disability Galas in 2016
Posted on 15 Jan 2016 at 18:44 by Graham Stanley (Disability Swimming) (0 user comment)
The following Disability Galas are confirmed for 2016:
30th January - Cerebal Palsy Development Competition at St Swithern School
19th March - SER Disability Competition at The Quays
16/17th April - European Open Downs Competition at Th Quays
Technical Officials CPD Course - Disability Swimming
The above Course will be held at The Quays, Southampton on Saturday 8th February 2014.
The Course consists of a Theory Session in the Morning followed, after Lunch, by a Practical Poolside Session,
To register for the Course please contact Sue Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Officials Course - Contemporary Issues
The above Course will be run on 17th December 2013 at Hart from 7pm.
This Course is compulsary for all Technical Officials wishing to revew their Licence.
Places are strictly limited and available on a "first-come-first-served" basis.
Contact George Adamson at email@example.com to reserve your place.
|28 Feb - 15 Mar 2015||HCASA Championships 2015|
|9 Jul 2014||Hampshire Inclusive Schools Gala||Mountbatten Centre, Portsmouth|
|17 Dec 2013||Contemporary Issues - Technical Officials Course||Hart|
|3 Jul 2013||2013 Annual Council Meeting||Crestwood School, Eastleigh SO50 4FZ|
|1 Dec 2010||HCASA December Meeting||Cranbourne School, Basingstoke|
|27-28 Feb 2010||HCASA County Championships 2010||Portsmouth/Waterlooville/Southampton|
27-28 Feb 2010: HCASA County Championships 2010
14-15 Mar 2009: HCASA Swimming Championships 2009
7-8 Mar 2009: HCASA Swimming Championships 2009
28 Feb - 1 Mar 2009: HCASA Swimming Championships 2009
1-16 Mar 2008: HCASA Swimming Championships 2008
25-26 Feb 2006: HCASA Championships 2006